Let’s compare a piece of CBD chewing gum with a CBD-infused gummy. With the gummy, you eat it. Which means you chew it then digest it and it chugs its way down through your digestive system and it gets broken down in your liver.
However when you take your CBD in the form of chewing gum, the CBD is being released through the inner lining of your mouth and cheeks. In other words, sublingually and submucosally. Because of that, it’s going directly into your bloodstream for fast distribution around your body. Meaning that it’s highly bioavailable!
…Which means that whatever is in the CBD is going straight into your bloodstream, fast. If the hemp plant it came from was grown in rich fertile soil that has never seen pesticides or heavy metals, that’s a very different situation to a hemp plant growing in an industrial wasteland or near a polluted swamp somewhere in Asia.
You see, the hemp plant is a bioremediator. It cleans up contaminated soil by removing those pollutants and toxins from the soil and storing them in the tissues of the plant. In the stalks in particular. “Bioremediation is the process of using organisms to neutralize or remove contamination from waste.” 
So the very important takeaway here is to be sure of the source of the CBD you’re buying. Ethical producers provide COAs. Certificates of Analysis. Be sure to check them and if you see anything untoward on the lab report, put your credit card back in your pocket.
Why chew CBD gum? There is a surprisingly long list of advantages
- It’s fast absorbing because the cannabinoids enter your bloodstream directly through the rich collection of blood vessels and micro-capillaries in the tissues of your mouth. I remember my grandmother popping an angina tablet under her tongue at times, because even then we knew that the fastest way to get pain relief into your bloodstream was via the sublingual cavity. Or as most of us call it, the mouth.
- It’s cost effective. You get the benefit of more of the CBD you’ve ingested when it doesn't have to go through your liver. Why’s that? With an edible, a small portion of the active ingredient is used up in the process of being metabolized (processed) in your liver. So compared to the quantity of CBD that went in, less comes out of your liver. Some of the CBD is lost in the biological processing done by your liver. Not so when you’re chewing CBD gum because it doesn't go through your liver. Good point, eh?
- Convenient. There’s no need for an oil dropper and the waiting period after you’ve placed several drops of CBD oil under your tongue. Now we’re not knocking CBD oil. We also supply it but CBD oil is best suited for a different situation and it’s true… chewing gum is easier.
- Tasty. Our chewing gum has a delightful peppermint flavor. Some folks don't particularly like the flavor of CBD oil. If that’s you, try the chewing gum for a pleasant way to get your daily CBD.
- Ideal for pill-adverse people who don't like taking any type of pill. I used to have a great deal of trouble getting vitamin C tablets down my throat, even with a big glass of water. Perhaps you can identify with that.
- Water not needed. You don't need any kind of drink to get it down, like you do with capsules and pills. That makes CBD gum an easy on-the-go option.
But what do dentists say about chewing gum?
Dentists recommend chewing gum for dental health.
Here’s what DentalAssociates.com says, “Many people choose to chew gum because of its flavor or to help freshen breath after eating. Chewing gum isn’t just tasty, though — it also helps prevent cavities… The American Dental Association (ADA) suggests chewing sugarless gum after meals to help prevent tooth decay. Chewing gum increases the flow of saliva in your mouth, which naturally washes away bad bacteria.” 
While the ADA doesn't specifically mention CBD chewing gum, its Mouth Healthy site goes into more detail about the value of the chewing gum habit. “The chewing of sugarless gum increases the flow of saliva, which washes away food and other debris, neutralizes acids produced by bacteria in the mouth and provides disease-fighting substances throughout the mouth. Increased saliva flow also carries with it more calcium and phosphate to help strengthen tooth enamel.” 
And in case you’re wondering, there is no sugar in our chewing gum.
A few words of caution: Don't overdo it with your CBD gum
Here’s where CBD-infused gum gets challenging. Let’s compare CBD gum with CBD gummies. Similar, you might think. But not quite.
The optimal amount of CBD is unique for each individual because your body might be very different to your friend’s. If you’re new to CBD, we strongly advise you start out with a lower strength gum, or take just half of a 10mg piece (that is what’s in our gum - just 10mg per piece). Slowly add more pieces into your daily consumption until you reach your desired effect.
With regular chewing gum, you can pop another piece in your mouth once the first bit of gum has lost its appeal. But if you do that with CBD gum, you run the risk of going through it too quickly. So if you’re an all-day chewer, then supplement your one piece of CBD gum with regular gum the rest of the day. To be on the safe side!
How to choose the best CBD chewing gum for you?
One important thing to look at is the cannabinoid content and its quality. It can differ considerably between different brands, even at a similar price point.
When you choose our products, you’re getting high quality, American-grown hemp-derived CBD oil that’s lab tested by independent companies who provide COAs that you can examine. This is all part of our commitment to transparency so you can be sure of both the quality and the purity of the products you’re putting into your body.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease.*